Barton Creek

30.2852° N, 97.8692° W

LISTINGS

For Sale

Nearby Areas:

Barton Creek Neighborhood Guide

Introduction to Barton Creek

Location: Barton Creek is located just 8 miles southwest of downtown Austin, offering residents the perfect blend of suburban tranquility and easy access to the bustling city center. Established in 1985 as a master-planned community, Barton Creek has grown into one of Austin’s most desirable neighborhoods, known for its luxurious homes, top-notch amenities, and picturesque natural surroundings.

Source: City of Austin

Demographics and Community Profile

Population: According to the 2020 census, Barton Creek has a population of 3,356 residents.
Median Age: The median age of residents is 54.7 years old, reflecting a mature and established community.
Median Household Income: The median household income in Barton Creek is over $250,001, indicating a high standard of living.
Education: A significant portion of the population, 86.5%, hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, showcasing the community's emphasis on education and professional achievement.

Source: Census Reporter

Real Estate Market

Housing Types: The Barton Creek real estate market is dominated by single-family homes, which make up 95% of the housing stock, with the remaining 5% consisting of townhomes and condos.
Median Home Price: As of January 2024, the median home price in Barton Creek is $2,600,000.
Price Trend: Home prices have seen a significant increase, with an 8.3% rise year-over-year.
Average Home Size: Homes in Barton Creek are known for their spaciousness, often featuring large lots and luxurious amenities.

Source: Redfin

Education

Public Schools:

  • Elementary: Barton Creek Elementary, rated 9/10 by GreatSchools, provides a strong educational foundation for young learners.
  • Middle: West Ridge Middle School, also rated 9/10, offers excellent academic and extracurricular programs.
  • High: Westlake High School, with a 9/10 rating, is renowned for its academic excellence and competitive sports teams.

Private Schools:

  • St. Michael's: This private institution provides an alternative for families seeking a private education with a strong academic reputation.

Source: GreatSchools

Amenities and Attractions

Barton Creek Resort and Spa: This expansive 4,000-acre resort features four championship golf courses, luxurious accommodations, and a full-service spa, making it a premier destination for both residents and visitors.
Fazio Foothills Golf Course: Ranked #4 in Texas by Golf Magazine, this course is a favorite among golf enthusiasts for its challenging layout and stunning scenery.
Barton Creek Greenbelt: Offering 12.68 miles of trails, the Barton Creek Greenbelt is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, providing opportunities for hiking, biking, and enjoying the natural beauty of the area.
The Shops at Arbor Trails: This 250,000 sq ft open-air shopping center features a variety of retail stores, dining options, and entertainment venues, making it a convenient spot for shopping and leisure.

Source: Omni Hotels

Barton Creek combines the best of suburban living with easy access to urban amenities, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a high quality of life in Austin. Whether you’re interested in its top-rated schools, luxurious homes, or abundant recreational opportunities, Barton Creek offers something for everyone. 

Check out Barton Creek homes for sale, Barton creek luxury real estate, and Barton Creek condos for sale

Sold Properties

Active Listings

Experience premium real estate service for a lifetime

The Drewett family has been living in Austin for over 30 years, and they credit their success in real estate to their extensive local knowledge.

Follow Us on Instagram